- Sheila Moore (Co-supervised with Professor Robert Reiner, PhD, LSE, 2000) ‘The decriminalisation of suicide by the 1961 Suicide Act’.
- Martina Klett-Davis (PhD, LSE, 2002) ‘Lone Mothering in Britain and Germany: Balancing choices and constraints’.
- Rachel Condry (Co-supervised with Professor Paul Rock, PhD, LSE, 2003) ‘After the offence: The Construction of Crime and Its Consequences by Families of Serious Offenders’.
- Barbara Mason (Co-supervised with Professor Paul Rock, PhD, LSE, 2004) ‘Imprisoned Freedom: A Sociological Study of Women in a 21st Century Prison for Women in Ireland’
- Susan Kerrison (PhD, LSE, 2007) ‘Images of the Protected in Nursing Home Regulation’.
- May Chu (Co-supervised with Professor Martin Lodge, PhD, LSE, 2014) ‘Explaining variations in risk regulation regimes: A comparative case study on six food risk domains in China’.
- Judy Van Der Graaf (PhD, LSE, 2016) ‘The Regulatory Role of Non-State Actors: Credit Rating Agencies’
- Sian Lewin (Co-supervised with Professor Julia Black, LSE, 2017), ‘How do UK Banks manage prudential regulation and the prudential regulator in a changing regulatory environment?’
- Natalie Beinisch (Co-supervising with Professor Martin Lodge, PhD, LSE 2017) ‘Improving labour standards in transnational supply chains and the role of the firm’
- Anna Mactzak (Co-supervised with Dr Janet Foster, PhD, LSE, 2018), ‘Public attitude towards restorative justice in Poland’
- Paul Thornbury (supervising with Dr Janet Foster) ‘The social construction of boundaries in in the private military/security industry’
- Maria-Christina Vogkli (Co-supervising with Dr Suzi Hall) 'The Homeless City: Urban Space and Vulnerability in Athens and London'